1. Registration for Faith Formation 2023-24 click link below:
2. Abbreviated policy FRANCES de CHANTAL FAITH FORMATION 2023-24
Children are expected to arrive to class on time (Between 4:00-4:10pm for levels 1-4 or 5:25pm for level 5 and 5:55pm levels 6 & and 7:10pm for level 7)
- Dismissal for levels 1-4 is at 5:15pm, for level 5 at 6:30pm, levels 6 is at 7:00pm & and for level 7 at 8:15pm. Students will not be dismissed early for sporting events, Cheerleading or Doctor appointments please schedule these when your child is not in class.
- Should a student need to be removed from class before dismissal for an emergency only a parent/guardian must enter the building and SIGN the student out giving a valid excuse which will be kept on file.
- Students who are absent for 4 times during the course of the school year he/she may be asked to repeat the level of instruction or to do make-up work over the summer in order to be placed on the next level of instruction.
- ALL absences are to be reported to the absentee line at 785-2333 Extension 246
- Weekly Mass attendance is expected by everyone. Please check the bulletin for the schedule of Masses.
DROP OFF & DISMISSAL POLICY
- For levels 2-5 all students will be dropped off at the main entrance (FRONT DOOR).
- Level 1 students will be given separate instructions.
- No parents are allowed in the school building. Students will be dismissed at 5.30pm at the main entrance. Again, no parents are allowed in the school building. Older siblings (unless 18 years of age or older) are not permitted to pick up students.
- Similarly for levels 6 & 7 students will be dropped off at the main entrance (front door). No parents are allowed in the school building. For levels 6 the dismissal bell is rung at 7:00pm and for level 7 at 8:15pm and students are dismissed at the main entrance.
- AT ALL TIMES PLEASE BE ATTENTIVE AND COOPERATIVE TO THE ADULT SECURITY PERSON.
- We make every effort to keep your child/children safe when they are in the building for Religious
Education; it is imperative that you give us your cooperation in order for us to maintain a high
standard of safety. During afternoon class times, the doors to the school will be kept locked for
safety reasons. Should you need to enter the building after the doors are locked please ring the bell
located to the right of the door and someone will let you in. The doors will open at 5:30pm to allow
parents to enter and retrieve the children.
- NO EARLY DISMISSALS FOR DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS OR SPORTING EVENTS
Please schedule accordingly. If you have any kind of appointments during class time then they will have to take the absence for that day. Please do not give a note to the catechist for early dismissal. This will not be accepted. They will receive an absence for the day.
PREPARATION FOR CLASS
- Every child is expected to be prepared for class each week.
This means that they have with them:
TEXTBOOK (if a book is lost a new one MUST be purchased, the cost of a new book is $25.00)
Backpack or tote bag to put their materials in (used for religion only) – We provide to all
Level 1 students a blue tote bag they should use this tote for the rest of their faith
If you are NEW to our program please see the office to request a tote bag. Pen/pencil to write with.
Each level will be given a supply list at book pick up.
- If Homework is given must be completed and ready to be checked the following week.
- Please check your child’s tote bag for any notices handed out in class. If a response is needed please return it on the next class to your child’s teacher.
- Families are expected to take their children to weekly Mass in conjunction with their classes.
- Students level 6 & 7 must submit Journals till February. (More details in website)
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
Office of Faith Formation will follow diocesan and CDC guidelines and will keep updates according changing requirements.
Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times. Students will be reminded of the following guidelines once. If the student continues to disobey the rule, the student will be referred to Mrs. Laura Walsh or
Mr. Christopher Gos to set up a meeting with the student and the parent.
+No clothing may be worn with suggestive or questionable language or drawings
+No bare midriffs or any shirt/top that exposes excessive cleavage
+No see-through mesh basketball jerseys unless a T-shirt is worn underneath
+No sagging pants that expose undergarments
+No pajamas, bedroom slippers and shower shoes
+Heelies (sneakers with skates on them) are NOT permitted
+Hoods may NOT be worn inside the church or school building
+No chains or any attire that could be used as a weapon
Parents are encouraged to remind children (especially primary grades) to use the bathroom before they come to class. However, if a child (primary age) comes to class from school, the parent must
accompany him/her to the bathroom before classes begin. If a child has a physical condition that might require frequent bathroom usage, the parent must notify the catechist and Mrs. Laura Walsh or Mr. Christopher Gospodarzec beforehand.
ABSOLUTELY NO food, drinks, snacks, candy or gum-chewing is allowed in class.
Students who come to class directly from school should snack on the way to Religious Education or in their car before entering the building.
THIS POLICY IS IN EFFECT PROTECT THE CHILDREN WHO MIGHT HAVE SEVERE ALLERGIES TO CERTAIN FOODS.
CUSTODY ISSUES AND ORDERS OF PROTECTION
Parent (s)/guardians must present all documents or custody issues and orders of protection to the DREs (Mrs. Laura Walsh or Mr. Christopher Gospodarzec). A copy of these documents must be kept on file in the Faith Formation Office. The copy should have the signature of the person who actually saw the original and the date on which the copy was received. If possible, a picture of the person against whom the order of protection was entered should be kept on file. Mrs. Laura Walsh or Mr. Christopher Gospodarzec must inform the Catechist regarding any issues related to the custody of a child and orders of protection. Where there is an order of protection in effect, the parent or guardian must provide a list of names of those persons allowed to pick up the child. This list must have a notarized signature of the parent or guardian. Where there is an order of protection in effect, anyone picking up the child must present photo I.D. to the catechist.
Should the person involved in the Order of Protection come to pick up the child:
- DO NOT release the child to this person
- Take the child immediately to the front desk and notify the Director
- Call police