SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION
NOVEMBER 4 & NOVEMBER 5TH, 2020
I. Confirmation and Rehearsal schedule
REHERSAL & CONFIRMATION schedule click here: CEREMONY SCHEDULE
II. Parent’s Meeting
Parents meeting : September 22th (Tuesday) zoom platform at 6:00pm (for Nov. 4th Confirmation group) at 6:30pm (for Nov. 5th Confirmation group)
Recorded Parent Meeting on Zoom: clik link 9-22-2020: audio & video
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE LINK BELOW TO ANOTHER WEB PAGE TO SEE AND HEAR:
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE LINK BELOW TO ANOTHER WEB PAGE TO HEAR AUDIO (THIS LINK IS AUDIO ONLY):
III. General info and concerning Confirmation during Covid-19:
a) There are only 4 people allowed in the church per family during sacrament of Confirmation: confirmandi, sponsor, two parents)
b) Please wear mask during entire ceremony
c) Sponsor must be present for the Celebration of the Sacrament. However, sponsor who is not able to attend ceremony may be represented by a proxy, however proxy must also meet the criteria: (at least 16, received sacrament of Baptism Eucharist and Confirmation)
The Sacrament of Confirmation will be celebrated next week NOVEMBER 4 & 5, 2020. I would like to point out few things.
- Rehearsal: only the sponsor and the confirmandi (in case the sponsor can not come, one of the parents can represent the sponsor)
- Gowns will be distributed on the day of rehearsal.
- Please enter the church through the main door (rehearsal and ceremony).
- Day of the Sacrament: please come to the church 15 minutes prior to the ceremony. Every candidate will receive a red mask and sticker with confirmation name.
- Due to limited space there can be only parents, sponsor and confirmandi. (I am sorry no other guests)
This week Wantagh Middle School had some Covid cases and school was closed for one day (10/28/2020). Also, some of the students are in quarantine till November 10th. Unfortunately, those students can not receive the Sacrament of Confirmation on Nov 4 & 5. However, special arrangements will be given to them and they will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation at a later date (soon after quarantine).
If your child is in quarantine please email me (CHRISGOS@SAINTJANEFRANCES.ORG or call 516-785-2333 ext 204.)